10,000 Blog Hits

Today my blog has had 10,000 visitors! I try not to dwell on how many hits my blog gets, but… okay,  I do.  Do I look at other blog stats? Of course not, well… okay, I do that too.  Some bloggers don’t even display their stats, I admire them for that…  I think. But then again, I can’t help but wonder why they don’t.  Is it because their number is so low they don’t want anybody to know?  Like why I don’t display my followers?  Or, maybe it’s high, REALLY high,  but how high… I want to know!

I haven’t been freshly pressed and I don’t dwell on that either, well…  maybe a little. I remind myself that being freshly pressed means a ton of emails, and all those comments to respond to, that could take a week! It would be a lot of work, sounds hard and time consuming. Don’t want that do I? Good Lord no… yes.

I often think back to the days before internet, no websites, blogs, or even Google search. I was a closet writer, equipped with merely a dictionary and thesaurus, and I had a dresser drawer full of poetry nobody ever read.  To me, a blog is a motivational tool to write, not just once in awhile, but everyday.  My readers are an inspiration, giving me incentive to share my thoughts, and maybe a little wisdom acquired from my nearly ancient journey through life.

Thank you for blessing me with inspiration, purpose, and reward, one click at a time.

– amy elizabeth

This entry was posted in amy elizabeth, Writer and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to 10,000 Blog Hits

Ha! ok, next week when I see you lets figure out why this is happening – I’m familiar with Blogspot.

2. Cindi says:

ok, that is me who came up anonymous again. I was hoping that technology would be nicer to me in 2012 but it’s not starting out so well, cindi

3. Anonymous says:

I don’t know anything about stats and so on, but I do know that you are a witty, kindhearted writer who has a fascinating place in this world of ours. Your ranch is so enticing and allows me to live that life through your words. Keep it up!

4. Congratulations! 10,000 is mind-boggling! I didn’t know what my stats were until WordPress sent a year-end report. Since you want to know:
    100 posts, 20 followers, 3500 visits, and about 350 comments. In the world of blogging, I’m a small fry. And, this is fine with me – for now anyway.

5. Pingback: back yard chickens | chicken

6. rumpydog says:

I hope you make Freshly Pressed someday. Personally I don’t know what they’re missing.

7. Miles says:

Very impressive 🙂

Thank you for sharing so much of yourself. I don’t do stats because I just don’t want to take the time. I don’t want to have to figure out how to do it. I guess I really don’t care but I’m excited for you. Congratulations on 10,000 hits. It matters to you so as my friend I care.

Hope so! Thanks

Congratulations! Keep blogging and we’ll keep visiting!

Hooray for your 10,000th hit :-). The thoughts you have about hits and Freshly Pressed etc have gone through my mind too (almost in the exact same words). Love to read about your ranch—and anything else you write or post. Have a great day–

12. Bongo says:

Congratulations on passing 10,000 hits. I really enjoy reading your posts.

Thanks! I stopped by your blog this morning… kinda goes with the coffee! 🙂

14. Yay! Way to go! 🙂 I love your blog keeps you writing because I LOVE to read your work!

15. You’re always on the top of my visit list, congratulations! 🙂

16. I think that is just terriffic ! Your poetry is very good, but my favorite is to read about the animals and the ranch.
    Is your book available for the Kindle too?

Thank you. Yes, my book is available for the kindle, BUT last I checked, the formatting for poetry was a disaster. Send me an email with your address and I’ll be happy to send you an actual book.