The Art of Craig’s List

The last two days I joined the rat race on Craigslist in an attempt to sell horse tack in an incredibly flooded market. I had eight saddles to sell and there were a gazillion others already listed in the Phoenix area, 800 to be exact. Oh my!

I did my homework, checked all the prices on comparative saddles and started placing ads. Every six hours, alternating ads, changing pics, text, even price. I offered them as a package deal, then pulled the ad and offered each one individually. It’s a dreadful task, but one thing I know about selling tack on Craigslist is you can’t place an ad and just walk away. You have to work it, play the game, be persistent, and above all… be fair.

Do I know what I’m talking about? You tell me!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Sold all but 2 in 24 hrs!

Craigslist is a classified advertising website.

This entry was posted in All The Ranch Doin"s and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to The Art of Craig’s List

1. Chancy and Mumsy says:

Good job, you did very well. Hugs

2. Anonymous says:

We would say that you work Craig’s List very well. Good for you! Hugs

3. Pingback: The Art of Craig's List | TBN Ranch | Black Entertainment News Archives

4. I’ve been trying to find your blogpost on “How to Save One’s Blog on the Internet”. Where do I look for that Post? Can you repost it?

good for you Amy! no easy task around here selling on Craigs list, so kudos ! those saddles in your photos are stunning.

6. Wow! Good for you! 🙂

7. The saddles are all beautiful Amy! I do wish i had a saddle because that would pretty much would mean i have a horse lol Amy great job in selling those things! The pics of the the saddles and horse gear are beautiful! 🙂

8. List them as turtle saddles, limited edition. Everyone buys limited editions of anything as investment.

That’s amazing. Nice saddles.

10. rumpydog says:

Thanks for the tips. I’m not a Craigslist user, but if I do, now I know the game.

11. kford2007 says:

Good deal! They’re all beautiful. I loved the antique porter rope saddle.