Pine Trees in the Desert

I took a chance 5 years ago and planted three 4 ft pine trees on my property in the Sonoran Desert. After much love and enormous water bills… they are now taller than the house and my pride and joy.

My Forest in the Desert

Gallery | This entry was posted in Arizona Living, Photography and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Pine Trees in the Desert

1. Cindi says:

They are gorgeous. We have one in the front yard in our old house and didn’t think twice about planting it 30 some years ago when we moved in cause we were too dumb to know any better, having just arrived here. It’s all that love for the pines that keeps them all growing!

oh gosh seeing those pretty pines makes me feel like i am back in the Midwest—or in the pinelands of South Jersey! I had no idea you could get them to thrive like that in the Phx metro area!

3. Chancy and Mumsy says:

And they are pretty too…good job!! Hugs

We have a live Christmas tree from when Jessica was little in our back yard. I love it.

5. I love the pine tree in our yard! No matter how dry and hot it gets, that tree is always green and growing. 🙂

6. I wonder how our cocoanut palms would do there?

7. Max says:

Have you ever thought of diverting your grey water to irrigate them? Just the laundry alone would cut your water bill considerably.

8. We have a florida pine down here that can go months with no water at all. I hate the dang things but if you want, I can send a few pine cones your way 🙂

9. bulldogsturf says:

Wow didn’t think one would get those to grow under the conditions… I’m sure they need a lot of water.. we have forests of them for paper production as well as timber for building… they’re grown mainly on the sides of mountains where the clouds provide the moisture they need. A friend of mine showed me the rain gauge measurements recorded when no actual rain had fallen but just moisture collected by the needles and delivered to the ground… some as high as 85mm in one day.. thats about three and a half inches…