My Garage Sale Treasure

It’s hard to keep everything in its place when not everything has a place. Clutter is not my friend and I spend way too much time fighting what seems an endless battle. I’m not a saver, I collect nothing, and in most cases, anything I haven’t used in a year is classified as something I don’t need and pitched in the trash. But that doesn’t seem to matter on our little farm, in order to make chores convenient, things have to be easily assessable. That means feed cans, tools, and a billion other things end up on my back porch as one big ugly eyesore.

Somehow unsightly stuff that is organized in it’s own special place is okay. I call this organized clutter, and I’ve been on an endless journey to find an affordable way to neatly put this stuff somewhere for years. Of course something large enough and still attractive is always way over budget… until Saturday, my lucky day! Right down the road was the answer I’ve been looking for at garage sale. There it was, the same shed I’ve been wanting forever, and this time it wasn’t hundreds of dollars!ย  I offered $75 for it and now it’s mine all mine!

I feel silly that something like a storage shed can make me so happy, but it did. Here it is…ย  my garage sale treasure!

Life is good. ๐Ÿ™‚

amy elizabeth, writer, author. Lives in the northeastern reaches of the Sonoran Desert on a small hobby farm. Raises laying hens.
Gallery | This entry was posted in All The Ranch Doin"s and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to My Garage Sale Treasure

1. Jo Bryant says:

I love it when I find exactly what I want for a good price

2. Garage sales can be a great source of inexpensive items to satisfy your needs. You often have to weed through a lot of junk, but there are treasures to be found, as you discovered. Thanks for posting pics, it looks great!

I’d be excited too. Great find and great deal.

4. Wow! That really was a good deal! ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Mag (Chancy's Mumsy) says:

That is a nice looking shed and I don’t think it is silly at all to be so happy to have it. Everything just looks so much better when it has a place to be handy but out of sight until needed. You got your treasure for a good price too. Hugs

6. kford2007 says:

Congrats on the great find! I love finding bargains. That shed, however, would not be big enough for me. I think I need a barn. LOL.

7. bulldogsturf says:

the answer to your prayers…but what do you do when it is full…???? that’s what always happens to me… get a good storage place and then fill it… and start all over again…

8. Wow, nice storage unit and so neat inside. I love bargains too, they make me happy! Good job!

Thanks! I never went to garage sales before because I have always worked on the weekends. But I might just check a few out from now on… ya never know what goodies can be found! ๐Ÿ™‚

9. If you run out of room for your chickens… LOL

Now I can move on to another project… and it admire that too! I’m thinking the garage is a good place to start. Oh dear, that’s going to be something to write about for sure!

That is SWEET! don’t you just love how everything can be all neat, organized, and easy to find? When I get something arranged like that I just want to keep going back and looking at it to admire it. Glad you posted the photo!