This is my Morning

Freezing temperatures in Phoenix played havoc on my farm during the night. I woke up to a 1/4 acre skating rink created by an underground water pipe that froze and broke near the barn.Β  What a mess! Here I thought I was so smart, spending all afternoon the other day wrapping every exposed standing pipe on the property with foam sleeves. I can hardly wait to see what this little disaster is going to cost.Β  Sh*t happens… 😦

Gallery | This entry was posted in All The Ranch Doin"s and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to This is my Morning

1. Lynda says:

Amy, I’m so sorry this happened! We haven’t had frozen water pipes, yet, but living in an older house we did have LOTS of leaks and three pipes burst (one under the house). It is never fun, and always expensive when plumbers are involved.

Oh no, well I know about that too! That was one of the first things we did when we bought this place… replaces all the indoor plumbing. It’s never fun, plumbing is always full of unexpected challenges! This latest issue by the barn was less than $50 to fix, yay!

2. Oh no! I was thinking of you all weekend, hoping your pipes would be okay. Who would have thought an underground pipe would be the one to burst??

I know! Apparently where we live 6 inches is all that pipes are buried. It’s not expected to get that cold here, but I’ve noticed our winter are changing… for the colder.

3. I recommended your blog to Joseph Edwards and Lord behold ya’ll folks know each other. Astonishing. I scan your posts but as a Miami Condo Inhabitor I don’t know anything to comment except that don’t plant your tomatoes near anything else because the plants attract every possible insect pest. One non toxic/non chemical insecticide is to pt cigarette butts in a Windex spray bottle with water. When it turns to tea color it is ready. Will kill bugs and nicotine does not taint plant or fruit. That’s all I know about farmin’

4. shadowlilies says:

So sorry…we’ve had those kinds of things happen too. I married a guy who can do just about anything. So thankful for that! One thing he won’t do is take care of the chickens, but if the water pipe broke, he’d fix it, so I could give them water. πŸ™‚ Hope your day gets better… πŸ™‚

5. I tell you what. You foot my bills there and back plus food etc and being a plumber, I’ll fix your pipe. Of course for 100 times cheaper you could just call a handyman so I guess I’ll be seeing you sometimes later this year…without an order to fix your pipe! LOL

6. Ingrid says:

Bummer. Our son had a pipe break also. We’ve been working hard on keeping things from freezing up in the RV….burning through the propane. Thanks goodness warmer temps are on the way πŸ™‚

7. bulldogsturf says:

The curse of the cold… I see you say warmer weather is on the way… that normally means more cold….

Oh my. So sorry. Hope it doesn’t set you back too far. I was thinking last night of all the people last fall who said we were going to have a very mild winter. hmmmm

9. kford2007 says:

Oh, no, Amy. That sucks the big one. Big hugs.

10. Aaargh! How pissing off. Not the kind of thing you need with horses around. Mind you, a chicken skating ring would be interesting… I know, not good as they get frost bite easily.

Well the good news is I filled extra water troughs yesterday just in case something like this would happen. I have two days of water storage for them, good thing, plumber said I can’t use the the water for 24 hours after the repair! πŸ™‚