- 738,283 Visitors
- Flirting with 120 Degrees in Arizona June 18, 2017
- Austin Will Pay You To Keep Chickens In Your Backyard June 9, 2017
- Using Portable Mist Systems for Chickens May 29, 2017
- Polish Chickens: Temperament, Color and Egg Laying May 27, 2017
- Articles for Chicken Keepers, by Chicken Keepers | May 2017 May 20, 2017
- Breakfast at TBN Ranch May 20, 2017
- Coop or Free Roam? May 12, 2017
7 Coop Bedding Materials and How to Choose the Right One – Hobby Farms
20 Most Popular Chicken Breeds! Great Addition To Your Flock! — Types of Chicken
Choosing a Good Laying Hen | TBN Ranch
Portable Chicken Coops | Chicken Coops in Lancaster PA
Chicken Coop Designs for Backyard Chickens | HGTV
Abnormal Chicken Eggs: What You Need To Know! |
Speckled Sussex : the right breed for you?
How to Determine the Point of Lay | TBN Ranch
Cleaning Farm Eggs | TBN Ranch
What Not to Feed Chickens | TBN Ranch
The Chicken Chick®: Araucana, Ameraucana or Easter Egger (Olive Egger,Rainbow Layer): What’s the difference?
There are more chickens in the world than any other species of bird.
The chicken is a domesticated fowl, a subspecies of the Red Junglefowl. It is one of the most common and widespread domestic animals with a population of more than 24 billion, and that was ten years ago!
Higher classification: Red Junglefowl
More about the Red Junglefowl: The Red Junglefowl (Gallus gallus) is a tropical member of the Pheasant family. It is thought to be ancestral to the domestic chicken, with some hybridisation with the Grey Junglefowl. The Red Junglefowl was first domesticated at least five thousand years ago in Asia, then taken around the world, and the domestic form is kept globally as a very productive food source of both meat and eggs.