TBN Ranch in Ruins from Massive Storm

This is our farm after a micro burst hit our farm on Saturday night. As you can see, TBN Ranch will never be the same, but at least there were no injuries.Β  These are the first few pictures, I’ll write more about this fiasco when I can.
Micro Burst 2 7-2-14Micro Burst 7-2014

Micro Burst 3 7-2014

This entry was posted in All The Ranch Doin"s and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to TBN Ranch in Ruins from Massive Storm

1. Pingback: Hens at the Gate | TBN Ranch

2. Pingback: Restoring Our Farm’s Pre-Storm Dignity | TBN Ranch

3. Mags Corner says:

I am so very sorry to hear about this. Glad there were no injuries. Hugs!

4. So very sorry 😦 we are having the nasty storms roll through New England as well Stay safe out there.

5. Littlesundog says:

I’m so glad no one was injured. We are used to such storms here in Oklahoma, and we understand how much work it is to restore and repair everything… and no, it never is the same after!

6. Great shame about the damage but at least nobody/animals hurt.

7. Wow! So scary! But as everyone else has said – glad that everyone is ok. Hang in there!

8. Patty B says:

also glad no one was hurt – these storms have been wicked these past few years. Hugs…

9. It’s so horrible! I’m just glad everybody made it through with no injuries.

10. Glad to hear no injuries. Keeping you in our prayers as you move forward.

11. Wow, so sorry to hear about the devastation. Glad all the people are okay, but what about the animals?

12. edshunnybunny says:

Oh my goodness! I’m so sorry! Thankful to hear that there were no injuries though.

13. L Lindall says:

So sad Amy. Glad no one was injured. Our heart goes out for you and yours and our prayers for strength and hope as you rebuild.

Thank you. It sure would be easier to get through this if the temps weren’t WAY over 100 degrees. I found out what it’s like to have no air conditioning… yikes!

14. shadowlilies says:

I’m so sorry, Amy…are your animals and chickens OK?

All the animals and chickens are fine. I found the birds, and they were not hurt at all… just freaked out. Not sure what to do with them while the barn is being built, but for now, just one day at a time. Can you believe after all the work I’ve done building my new chicken enclosures they are all gone after only a week of moving the hens in? OMG!

• shadowlilies says:

I can’t believe it…all that work you did… I’m so sorry. Wish I lived next door and could give you a helping hand… but what a blessing that your animals are fine. We’ve had tornadoes near by us that have really hurt horses with all the torn metal flying in the air. It’s so devastating.

Yeah, something like that would have been so much worse. I’m ready to just let it all go and move forward. So we build another barn and set up the chickens again, oh well.

15. farmergrimm says:

Sorry to hear. Those microbursts can be a killer. Just glad no one was hurt.

That’s my second one, the last one was nearly twenty five years ago. That one destroyed everything too. I’m pretty sure I’ve had my share, can’t imagine I’d get hit a third time!

• farmergrimm says:

Here in Southern Arizona, they are painfully common. I have had the kids giant sliding board and chicken tractors built of heavy pallets tossed about like a tornado. I also learned the painful way not to be lazy about affixing roof panels when one nailed a 4’x4′ section of plywood into the end of the house like a ninja star.

It’s the price we pay for Summer in Winter.

Yeah, I know all about building anything that isn’t sunk two feet in concrete! Funny, I have a few chicken coops that are pretty much pieced together shelters… they are still standing! lol My barn took the biggest hit, and that was built right. Go figure! “It’s the price we pay for Summer in Winter.” Well said!