Costco has failed chicken keeping 101… in so many ways
A Phoenix Costco has jumped on the urban chicken keeping bandwagon, selling this coop for $279. That’s a lot of money for this poorly designed flimsy wood structure with cheap hardware.
Size matters in Phoenix! This coop will house 2 unhappy chickens, but it will also bake them alive in Phoenix summers.
Why it Fails my Approval
- Next boxes haven’t a lip on the edge, bedding kicked out results in broken eggs.
- All the doors are really small making access difficult.
- Roofing material is a poor choice, especially for Phoenix.
- Roost is narrow and too low.
- Hardware is cheap & used sparingly, doors will likely warp.
So back to the drawing board friends, and happy coop hunting… elsewhere.