Raising chickens in the city can be challenging. With neighbors issues, predators, and the law to deal with, you NEED this post to get you started!
Source: The Ultimate Guide to Raising Chickens in the City
Back to TBN Ranch Chicken Keeping Resources
As a rule, I find Costco merchandise topnotch, but not this time. Costco has failed chicken keeping 101… in so many ways.
A Phoenix Costco has jumped on the urban chicken keeping bandwagon, selling this coop for $279. That’s a lot of money for this poorly designed flimsy wood structure with cheap hardware.
Size matters in Phoenix! This coop will house 2 chickens, but it will also bake them alive in our excessive heat by dinner time.
Why it Fails my Approval
• Next boxes haven’t a lip on the edge, bedding kicked out results in broken eggs.
• All the doors are really small making access difficult.
• Roofing material is a poor choice, especially for Phoenix.
• Roost is narrow and too low.
• Hardware is cheap & used sparingly, doors will likely warp.
So back to the drawing board friends, and happy coop hunting… elsewhere.