If you’re looking for the best COMPLETE kit for hatching baby chicks in the classroom, this is it. The key to an enjoyable experience is being prepared with the proper set-up. This incubator and brooder kit is from a reputable company who will stand by their product.
You can also expect a friendly and knowledgeable staff that will be happy to help you with ANY questions you might have along the way.
Order the kit first, then ask a Murray McMurray representative about how and when to order hatching eggs. It’s that easy!
Note: Make sure you’ve arranged a place for your chicks to go once they’ve hatched. Craig’s list in ‘Farm & Garden’ is the best place to re-home baby chicks. They’ll probably go fast if you price them at $3.00 ea. Remember what breed they are, that will be important to many chicken keepers.
Everything you will need to incubate, hatch and brood, plus a book and a poster are included in this kit. You will receive:
- 1) Full View Picture Window Incubator includes: electronic thermostat, fan and automatic egg turner.
- 2) The book Guide to Better Hatching.
- 3) Candling Device used to check the progress of development.
- 4) Brooder – After the birds are dry from hatching use the accompanying brooder to continue the healthy growth of chicks. This brooder is made of heavy galvanized wire mesh, wire floor and approx 1 1/2” to 2″ deep set-in plastic tray. There are clips on the side of the cage for easy removal and cleaning of the bottom pan. The brooder is to be used in a room that is approximately 70 degrees with no direct drafts. The brooder holds 30 chicks for up to 10 days. It is easily assembled. The brooder kit includes:
- (a) Brooder Cage measuring 30” W x 18” L x 18” H.
- (B) Plastic poultry Waterer.
- (c) Snap on Feeder.
- (d) 5 lbs. of Chick Feed, 1 lb. Grit. and 4oz Quik Chik
- (e) Single Bulb Brooder Lamp with Infra-Red Heat Bulb
- (f) Brooder Thermometer
Order the Classroom Incubator and Brooder Kit at Murray McMurray Hatchery